11th ANNUAL CULTURAL COMPETENCY IN FAMILY LAW PRACTICE:
CONVIVENCIA – CHALLENGES TO FAMILY HARMONY IN A MULTICULTURAL WORLD
The annual event took place on Saturday July 29, 2023 in Los Angeles, CA.
Abbas Hadjian, Esq., Organizer; Co-host William Spiller, Jr., Esq.
Hon. Shelley Kaufman, Supervising Judge, Family Law Division, LASC, Dept. 2 – Central District (Stanley Mosk); Stephen Cawelti, Esq., Chair, Family Law section, Los Angeles County Bar Association; Sharen Ghatan, Esq., President Iranian-American Lawyers Association
Challenges to Family Harmony in a Multicultural World – Gitu Bhatia, Psy.D.
R-E-S-P-E-C-T Domestic Violence across Cultures
Trauma in the Courtroom
Speakers: Linda Bortell, Psy.D.; Punam Patel Grewal, Esq.; Hon. Diane M. Goodman, LASC, Dept. A12 North District (Lancaster); Hon. Maria Puente-Porras, LASC, Dept. 302 – Southeast District (Whittier) Moderator: Gitu Bhatia, Psy.D
Lunch with Your Family Law Judges
- Hon. Laura Cohen, Commissioner, LASC, Dept. 94 – Central District (Stanley Mosk)
- Hon. Gary D. Roberts, Judge, LASC, Dept. Y – Northwest District (Van Nuys)
Coordinator: Ellyn J. Stein, Esq.
- Hon. Richard Bloom, Judge, LASC, Dept. F58 – North Valley District (Chatsworth)
- Hon. Diane M. Goodman, Judge, LASC, Dept. A12 – North District (Lancaster)
- Hon. Gia Kim, Judge, LASC, Dept. L – Northwest District (Van Nuys)
- Hon. Adrian G. Roxas, Judge, LASC, Dept. 1 – South Central District (Compton)
- Hon. William E. Weinberger, Judge, LASC, Dept.22 – Central District (Stanley Mosk)
- Hon. Bryant Y. Yang, Judge, LASC, Dept. H – East District (Pomona)
See the prior year’s event, Cultural Competency In Family Practice 2022: Intersectionality.